To All Residents,
This is a tough time for everyone, being away from family and friends, our normal routines disrupted and being stuck indoors for long periods is not easy. However it is necessary to protect the NHS and save lives.
We’re lucky at City Quay to have the land, lake and wonderful grounds to make the required self isolation easier for us all. As private lands and ground and as leaseholders/tenants the land is the equivalent of our “garden” in terms of government advice. It’s been great to see residents making use of the space as part of their daily exercise.
However despite being private land we are still subject to the same restrictions put in place by the Government in response to Covid-19 and it’s been great to see the majority of residents adhering to the restrictions and also being considerate of neighbours.
We have however now received complaints about a number of instances of the current law being flouted. We therefore need to remind residents that;
- the law in place requiring social distancing and essential travel only DOES apply to City Quay.
- leaseholders/residents may not during this time have guests or visitors to their homes or the CQ complex under any circumstances other than as registered carers or to deliver items in a socially distanced safe manner.
- 2M social distance must be maintained at all times – gardens and grass / land can be used but social distancing must take place at 2M at all times
- only those registered as being in the same household on City Quay may walk together / exercise / relax together on CQ grounds including grassed areas.
- when using grassed areas 2M social distancing from others must be observed at all times.
We know it is only a minority so far who have failed to adhere to these legal requirements and its disappointing we have to issue this reminder. However as a Board we have legal duties and we all have a duty to comply with the current law, which after all is in place to protect us all.
Failure to adhere to these requirements will result in the police being notified and also is a breach of the terms of your lease and the Board won’t hesitate to take action against those who disregard the health and well being of us all.
Please do keep enjoying your grounds and the site safely and in line with the law.